Wednesday 11 February 2015

Hazmat team...Khurasan style and some randoms

Howdy folks,

A busy January has come to a close bringing on a much more productive February...we'll see how many posts we can get out this month.  The first actual minis painted up for the year belong to an awesome looking Hazmat team courtesy of Khurasan Miniatures.

I am a very big fan of the figs that Khurasan is putting out...they look outstanding, they have an amazing level of detail, they paint up super well, and they are some of the cleanest figs that I've seen.  Inspired by far to many sci-fi and thriller movies I had a plethora of ways in which I could have painted up these figs...

With a potential Force on Force or Tomorrows War use in mind I elected to paint a couple of the team yellow to show who is the boss...es.  I painted the Hazmat wearing flamethrower dude in red...highlights the support weapon and well, its a flamethrower...it literally screams red.  To finish off I painted one fireteam orange and the other in a brown violet (ala something I saw in Serenity).

Hope you enjoy the pics...straight from the workbench...I'm also throwing in a couple of pics of the German Fallschirmjagers that I was working on over Christmas...as well, if you look you might see a preview of what I'm unit I'm working on next...needless to say, I've been in construction hell with this unit.

More next time.



 
 More great looking Khurasan figs...
 

The entire team...with and without lights
 
The boss...
 
The nails...
 
Group shot...with small preview in the background
 
 
Some random Battlefront shots... 
 

German Fallschirmjager recoiless gun platoon...
 
A couple of BF US Vietnam figs done up as Canadian Airborne in Somalia...

2 comments:

Mike_A said...

The Hazmat guys are really nice, like the Canadians as well.

What is the hard to assemble unit? Looks like plastic M113 in the picture I heard from I think Duncan before that they were annoying to assemble?

Stan M. said...

Lol...yeah, the 113's can be a pain...I have a lot of work on those to go, I'm going to "Ed" them up and make them A2 and A3 variants. The hueys behind the hazmat dudes are my current pain...my fingers love gluing them together...3 cobra's and 5 hueys later...