Friday 12 October 2018

Bring on the Wars...Assault and Legion

Howdy Everyone,

As part of how I spent my summer, I dipped my toe into the Star Wars Legion camp and tried my hand at painting up another couple expansions...and at the same time I took a piece from the Imperial Assault Corebox to keep myself pushing through those figures.

The figure that took the longest to tackle was Darth himself...I really wanted to nail this one and to have a good colour scheme that went a little beyond just black or drybrush of grey.  I also took the time to try my hand at painting the colour pattern that would have been thrown off by D.V.'s lightsaber...I have never tried this type of effect before and found it to be interesting...a nice finish to the figure.


I think I prefer the pics without the flash...it certainly threw some shadow behind the figure, but brightened it up to much for my taste.

 
The speeder bikes were a fairly quick paint...they don't really require all that much...I took a little extra time to give them a beat up look...the idea being that they're fielded by an imperial unit that is on the fringe of the verse and has been in garrison too long...I like how the weathering turned out...and I also made sure to 'dust' up the riders as well...there's no way that armour is staying nice and white for long.
 
 Thanks as always for the looking...I hope you enjoy! 

Lead Mountain Progress - Expedition 2018
 
Painted:

28mm: figures: 23 (+3)
            vehicles: 3 (+2)
 
15mm: figures: 12 (+7)
            vehicles: 15 (+5)
            terrain: 1

Purchased - 9
Progress - +45 

No comments: