Wednesday 20 June 2018

Cangames Report #3 - Con wrap up...

Howdy folks,

So, I am finally getting around to posting my final report from last months Cangames here in Ottawa...for anyone who is coming into this fresh, WELCOME, you can look to my previous two posts to see how Cangames fared this year:

Game #1 - Trench Raid
Game #2 - Helms Deep - LOTR

Unfortunately I did not have my camera on the first evening of the con...totally an oversight on my part!! For the Friday night I jumped at the opportunity to game some Old West that was being run by Mike.  When I showed up on the first eve of the Con, I saw the table setup and noticed that we had double in participation...that is always good...having played DMH before, my next thought was, how are we adapting to the extra gangs?

Originally Mike had set a cap for participation in the game however, with a bunch of interested folks looking to game, Mike did a great job of adapting and overcoming electing to run an adaptation of Warhammer's Legends of the Old West with DMH-esque posses/bands/etc.

Regardless of the ruleset, Mike ran a great game, had an excellent looking table, had enough gangs for 8 participants, and there was definitely a lot of laughs and fun had by all.  For a report on the game, feel free to check out Mike's report:

Mike's battle report - Old West Showdown

Overall I had a very good time at this past Cangames, I was hoping to see more tabletop games, however...I can't complain too loud as I wasn't able to run the game I was hoping, so I realize we all have real-life impositions...hopefully next year I can add to the offerings and maybe some other folks will be able to as well...

...AND NOW SOME RANDOM PICS OF OTHER TABLES I REMEMBERED TO TAKE PICTURES OF...

Cheers.

The pics:

Another Ed special...an excellent table, accurately portrayed from original plans...I believe this was from the Jacobite Rebellion...
 
Ed ALWAYS puts on a great looking table...his minis look fabulous and his table is diorama quality work...always a treat!!
 
My buddy David ran an air/land/sea scenario with US Navy and Marine Expeditionary Forces assaulting Venezuela...David always has excellent scenarios!
 
More of Ed's excellent work...
 
One of the local gaming clubs had a Flames of War table, they were gaming Eastern Front, version 4...
 
Continuing from his zombie apocalypse game from last year, Rex was back with the next installment in the saga... 
 


2 comments:

Phil said...

Most impressive tables!

Stan M. said...

Thanks for looking Phil...they were really great!!