Saturday 29 April 2017

Star Wars...ish...

Howdy folks,

Sorry to say the past weeks have been very busy...again/still...with work and volunteer commitments occupying my time...and of course my on again off again job as Dad's taxi...it keeps one busy and somewhat out of trouble.

I thought I'd make a quick post with a side idea I had some time ago (I think between 2-5 years ago...I think I bought the figures about 2 years+ ago...and with my latest Star Wars themed kick, it certainly seemed like the right timing to try this idea out.

Thank you Dropship Horizon for the pic...

I have made more than 1 or 2 purchases from Khurasan Miniatures over the years...and one day when I was looking through the shop, I spotted the GOTA Clan figures you see above and thought they would make an excellent standin for some Imperial Stormtroopers.  At this time, I had a few ideas and thoughts about a Battle of Mos Eisley/Mos Espa...or some other Cantina inspired adventure...but I hadn't come across any figures in 15mm that suited...and at that time, I wasn't really painting any sci-fi 28mm, so I gave these a try.

Needless to say, they were soon overcome by another time-sensitive project and were added to the ranks of lead-mountain.  Enter Rogue One...and Imperial Assault...and the call came in from the Governor...get these boys to the front!!

So, with that...here is my Imperial inspired take on another great looking mini from Khurasan.

Cheers.



 
I thought I'd paint this group up as unit commanders and see how I felt about them and then start to fill out the ranks.  I also took the chance to add some extra puches and webbing to give a shot at sculpting with Milliputt.

2 comments:

Phil said...

Very nice job Stanley!

Stan M. said...

Thanks Phil!