Monday 31 July 2017

TRUCKS!! and a few more TRUCKS...


Howdy everyone,

I hope you all have been enjoying the summer...it occasionally hits here every week or so, but it has been rather nice.  So, between trying to do summery stuff, home reno's, and a few other unwelcome distractions I have not been able to get any computer time this month...

Luckily I have been keeping up with the painting...I just have to get some time to get some pics of a few pieces that I literally just dull-coated this morning.  But, I have these trucks that I finished near the end of June...

I wanted to get back to some Cold War/Team Yankee painting...back to some 15mm...and back to some vehicles.  I think in the fall I had bought Battlefront's BM-21 box...enjoyable little models...they came up very quickly and took very little to prep and put together.


 
I went with my standard basecoat...but wanted to give them a different shade than what I have so far for my T72's and BMP's...I went a little brighter with some of the highlights and then weathered with some Army Painter Strong Tone and VJ Beige Brown and Tan Earth. 
 
Still playing around with flash and no-flash shots...mixed reviews on the flash shots...but it could be the location...I just ordered a photo station, so I'm curious to see how that will work and how it will change my picture results.

 
No-flash shots...

 
Next up, I bought some Zvezda Ural trucks at Cangames in May...I didn't want these guys languishing too long on the pile, so I got them put together fairly quickly and then went at them with the brush...they came up very quickly and weren't too bad to put together.
 
The truck for the BM-21 uses the Ural as well, so I was curious to see the subtle differences in how Battlefront and Zvezda approached their models.  I'm not too hung up on the differences, the models all look great, I think the big difference is that the BF truck looks a little 'squater' in the cab, the Zvezda trucks look a little more evenly rounded out...but again, they all look great. 
 
I had a few Force on Force scenarios in mind, so I elected to model a couple of vehicles with open caps so I can put in some cargo and left the cap on one, so I could try my hand at painting it...and to break up the uniformity of the trucks.
I used the same colours for these trucks as I used for the BM-21's...put a little more weathering on the covered cap...all in all, I'm very happy with how these came out.

 
Hope you enjoyed the pics...I think up next, I'll have some more additions to the Team Yankee family...try to get my picture taking caught up with my completed models...
 
Keep on trucking, have a great summer.
 
Painting so far in 2017:
 
Painted:
28mm - 55
15mm - 11

Bought:
28mm - 53
vehicle - 1

15mm - 0
vehicle - 7
 
Overall PROGRESS: +5

 

2 comments:

Duncan said...

Those look good!

You can see more details in the flash shots but I think the colour all gets washed out.

Duncan

Stan M. said...

Thanks Duncan...I'm hoping the photo booth I ordered will help out and improve my pics.