Wednesday 27 May 2015

Cangames 2015 - Samurai Showdown

Howdy all,

Another post from my successful gaming venture during Cangames this year...and for real this time...this is my last Cangames post...

I 'fought' through three wars on the first day and thought I'd try a couple more on day two.  Admittedly I was a little tired from the day before and relatively early start to the day so this is more or less a collection of pictures versus an actual battle report...

The first game of the day was with Mike's 15mm Samurai Battle using the Pike and Shotte ruleset...I had never tried this set before...nor had I tried gaming in the Samurai era before.  I'm not 100% sold on the ruleset yet, but I suspect this is due to my lack of understanding the morning I played...it did take me a bit to wake up. 

However, just as the day prior, the table was outstanding...Mike did a great job of putting a really good looking table together...I think my two favorite pieces were the corner ridge, near my position, and the ville across from me...both looked really well done and would totally work in numerous Asian inspired eras.  As well, Mike had made individual objectives for each player and he deliberately assigned an objective to each player...

Mine was to basically die protecting the 'King'...I am glad to say that I lived up to that expectation! Mike also took the time to post a quick report here so I won't belabour that...I'll just add some pics of another great table.

Cheers.

Game setup from my end...ville just in front of me...
 
alternate view...
 
a look through the trees...loved this tree laden ridge as well, great looking piece...
 
My attempt to achieve my assigned objective...
I fought...I died...objective achieved?!?

 

Some of the action around me...

 

2 comments:

Phil said...

Looks good Stanley!

Stan M. said...

Thanks Phil.