Saturday 24 November 2018

Legion of Stormtroopers...

Howdy folks,

As you recently saw, I am continuing to dip my toe into the Legion water...by this point, I'm pretty sure I'm past all the toes and getting closer to the ankle.  I was really pumped to get the Snowtroopers finished, and maybe in my future there is some Hoth type scenery, etc to come...not sure, but have seen some very inspirational work online.

In the meantime, I recently went through the Stormtrooper expansion box to give these guys a try...first, I have to agree with many posts I've seen...the sea of white stormtroopers is starting to get to me...the poses, like those already seen, are very dynamic for these figures.  It is not hard to imagine them doing battle on the small table.

Previously I had already tackled a couple of speeder bikes (zooooom!) and had based them in the same theme as some rebel troopers I had painted...ala Tatooine or some other desert appropriate environment...I'm happy with how this set turned out and they do look very much in the theme of deserty scenes.

Oh, one thing that I really wanted to do...besides get a nice looking overall paintjob...I wanted to make sure I applied some appropriate weathering to these figs...nothing worse that having crisp whites in the desert...its never that clean!

Anyhow, if you're here...chances are you're here for the pics...So, here goes...

 
"Bazooka" trooper...
 
 
Standard blaster-dude
 
Heavy Trooper, rocking the MG, I mean...SW-42...
 
Section commander - troop leader
 
Again...similar-ish poses with some subtle diff's...
 
 
 
Lead Mountain Progress - Expedition 2018
 
Painted:

28mm: figures: 43 (+7)
            vehicles: 3
 
15mm: figures: 12
             vehicles: 17
             terrain: 1
Purchased - 26 (+7)
Progress - +50


No comments: