Saturday 24 November 2018

Totally Random Figure

Howdy folks,

I'm finally getting around to posting this figure...fittingly I seem to have waited until we had a some snow on the ground and overnight windchills down to -25c last week...very fitting.  This figure has been in my inventory for quite sometime and on my workbench partially painted for probably 3-4 years.

It was kindly given to me by a buddy of mine that I met while dropping off and waiting for the kids at the bus...at the time, I was only painting historical themed miniatures and hadn't really gotten past or prior to the World War 2 timeframe.  He on the other hand, exclusively painted fantasy...so when he discovered I had a very shallow painting pool, he gave me a figure that he thought would be perfect to get me out of that bubble.



Unfortunately it has been long enough since I assembled the figure that I have totally forgotten what the name of it is...or even what company makes it.  SO, if any of you are dialed into the pulse of whats what out there, please feel free to comment below. 
 
Now, since the time I assembled this beast, I have stepped outside of the comfortable WW2 bubble and have painted fantasy (thank you Frostgrave) and have been happy to have done so.  However, because of how epic this figure is, I just couldn't imagine what the paint scheme should be...and I didn't have a plan for getting there either.  I had already tried a first attempt at painting and didn't like the results...hence the 3-4 year (probably longer) delay on the bench.
 
 
At the end of the day, what really helped was reframing where I thought this figure could fit in overall...I'm thinking some awesome boss figure for Frostgrave or similar...and I really think the changes I made to my painting style last year really helped me get through this one. 
 
 
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pics...let me know what you think...I really tried to emphasis shades and the quirks of the sculpt of the model, leveraging the detail in those to make them pop and highlight.


   
 
  
Lead Mountain Progress - Expedition 2018
 
Painted:

28mm: figures: 44 (+1)
            vehicles: 3
 
15mm: figures: 12
             vehicles: 17
             terrain: 1
Purchased - 26
Progress - +51

2 comments:

Spencer said...

That, my good man, is a Dragyri Soul Warden from Dark Age. IP is owned by CMON, and since it's not some Zombicide bollocks they've let it die and fade away.

Totally a great game, one of the best skirmish rulesets I'd ever seen.

Stan M. said...

Thanks for the identification Spencer! Greatly appreciate it.