Thursday 2 May 2019

An Attempt at Cruel Seas

Howdy folks,

I've been under the weather over the past week or so...just another top off to an outstanding start to the new year...ugh.  With all the awesome changes in the weather over the past few, it has been truly outstanding for my ears - unfortunately it does take some time away from painting and certainly steals time from gaming.  BUT, it can always be worse and I'm pushing with trying to get caught up with my postings...

Back in February sometime, I had the chance to meet up with Mike and Duncan to give Cruel Seas a try.  Not being very nautical by nature, I nonetheless had seen some excellent reviews and a lot of great looking painting in the blog-e-sphere so I thought what the hell.  First impressions, the game was very quick to grasp, the models looked great, and the gaming process was pretty relaxed and easy to pick up...I can't wait to try again!

Now, because I am a little...deliberate...with my postings (of course by deliberate, I am trying to put a much nicer tone to the word procrastinate)...Mike and Duncan have already went ahead and posted their versions of the tale.

Mike's version of events
The seas from Ducnan's perspective... and of course, thank you for hosting!

Rather than try to invent words and recollections, please enjoy the pics below...I'll have the odd comment with them, but please enjoy...it is an excellent looking game and with the painting and great looking matt...the game truly does look spectacular.

Looking forward to the next voyage...take care.

The setup on my side...left side of the board, Mike is my cohort with bigger guns...

a little wave to Mike...hello

a quick look to the opposite corner, Duncan is marshalling his convoy...

nothing to stress over...move forward, advance to contact, avoid the rocksand shoals...

The big picture...

moving my boats to hit the first one...

Mike, giving the business to Duncan's motor boat...

I push my one boat to the larger ships...my first 2 go after the quick muscle...

Duncan took some pain from my second boat...my first has a surprise in store for him...

...running him down like nautical roadkill!! It ends up working...I think...and I get some serious damage and the kill...
 

I realign my attack path...and let fly with some torpedoes!!

The big ships are skirting the torps pretty good...and there were some duds if I remember...

but some damage does get through...

I launch all 4 torp's from number 2...number 3 takes some hits from the convoy...and number 1 is limping from his 'minor' collision...

If I remember correctly, this was pretty much the end...Mike fired some torp's with some success, I was able to let loose from 2 of my boats finishing off Mike's work and getting a high roll with my second salvo.

2 comments:

RKelly said...

Where do you guys play? I have a couple of friends who are thinking of making a splash.

Stan M. said...

Howdy...I usually game at the local OMG club in Ottawa or at the guys' gaming rooms...take care.