Sunday 13 September 2020

Marvel Crisis Protocol - first look

Howdy all,

Another COVID addition to the painting table, I recently tried my brush at Atomic Mass Games Starlord and the Hulk. I liked the pose for Starlord and enjoyed watching Sorastro’s video...so I thought, hey...I’ll support my new LGS and try out these Marvel figures.

So, I scooped up the figs when I saw them and thought I’d give a try at some new techniques and colour schemes. Gotta say, I’m pretty happy with the figures, they stand at 32mm plus, they have some great details, and I really like that they included extra dynamic bases with Starlord. It’s nice to have options. The only con I can think of is that even though they are larger scaled, the assembly can sure be finicky and frustrating...dry fit as you go, best piece of advice I can offer.

Anyway, if you haven’t looked, google up Sorastro, check out his website, YouTube, and if you are inclined, I would recommend his Patreon. Enjoy the pics, stay safe, and comments and constructive critiques are always welcome.

Starlord was a hoot to paint up...the rocket plume and effect was a great detail and addition to the dynamics of the figure...but by god it took some frustrating quality OCD to get finished. I really like how Sorastro tackled the leather on this figure, it stands as one of my favourite single elements.

The Hulk was a definite exercise in green and how many shades can I create...I think this is the largest model I’ve painted. In the end, he painted up quite nicely.

Hike up Lead Mountain 2020
Painted:

28mm               56 (+2, Starlord and the Hulk)
15mm               75

Bought:            -2 (starlord and hulk)

Progress:          +129

2 comments:

Mike_A said...

Looks great!

Agree they have some nice models, only ones I've picked up are the terrain kits, but they are great.

Stan M. said...

Thanks Mike! I will have to check them out, the starter box has a bunch of terrain as well. I may have to take a shot at that one...