Tuesday 13 October 2020

Team Yankee - Soviet Rifles without their Motors

Howdy folks,

On the heels of Canadian Thanksgiving and restrictions coming back to my area, I hope all are well and safe in your respective regions. Certainly the present cov-ocalypse has not been without its stressors...hopefully the challenges have been minimal for you. 

The tale-end of summer gave me the chance to get some more 15mm figures off the workbench. This time finally finishing off a cold war Soviet motor rifle company. These guys had been on the bench for quite some time. Once I had them painted up the main decision I had to make was how do I base these troops. In the end I decided to base with a mix of scrub brush and grass, shell holes, and scattered pieces of city debris.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the pics...take care

The company with formation commander out front...

Taking cover in the shell holes...


And random idea finisher...I was stumped on how to store these guys. I adapted a couple of trays to fit my Sov’s...thought it would be a great way to repurpose some of Battlefronts packaging...

Hike up Lead Mountain 2020
Painted:

28mm               56
15mm               135 (+60, MR company)

Bought:            2

Progress:          +189

2 comments:

Greg B said...

Well done Stan - were these metal castings, or that terrible new plastic-resin that Battlefront has been faffing around with?

Stan M. said...

Thanks Greg...these are the metal castings...I’ve had them on the bench for a few years now. I haven’t seen any of the plastics, but I’ve struggled through a few of the ww2 sov infantry plastics.