Saturday 8 May 2021

May the Fourth-ish...

 Hello everyone,

Well, I missed the May the Fourth window, but if I hadn't, I would have posted some pics of a couple of Star Wars Legion characters that I got for Christmas. Although not really in the timeline that I am gaming, it was great to see Darth Maul and Cad Bane show up for the holidays.

Both poses are pretty dynamic and were a treat to paint up. Surprisingly they came up quite quickly for me and I am very happy with their turnout.

With Cad Bane all I got was this old west vibe and really want to punch up the hat and coat. His skin tones and equipment were an interesting colour mix for me, but I think they turned out really well. The box came with a couple of options for head and facial expressions, but I couldn't turn that hat down.

Darth Maul was a very expressive figure and really captured the look and feel of the Phantom Menace...or should I say, Ray Park really captured the look and feel of Maul. Either way, they are both quite complimentary and the all dark wardrobe was a good exercise in dark tones and highlights.

Here are the pics, pardon the quality...trying my phone these days, enjoy!



Lead Mountain - 2021
Painted:
 
Large scale            2
28mm                    4, +2 (Maul and Bane)

Bought                  2
Progress              +4

No comments: