Monday 30 August 2021

“I AM GROOT”…and Rocket…

…and a Giant in Miniature, the Warrior Woman…

Howdy everyone,

I hope all is going well as we get closer to the end of summer. It has definitely been a little warmer than I would like, but it looks like it should be a little cooler in the coming week. Certainly all the best for those going through weather extremes.

I thought I’d share a quick post…as the title suggests, this past weekend I just finished up the Marvel Crisis Protocol expansion with Groot and Rocket. On top of that, I thought I’d share a few pictures of The Warrior Woman from Wargames Illustrated’s Giants in Miniature line. Like all of the figures in this line, they are a limited run, and this one is inspired by the Game of Thrones character Brienne of Tarth.

Groot and Rocket were a real treat to paint. If you’re not familiar with Sorastro or his tutorial videos and website, you should check it out sometime. I am definitely a big fan of his work. He has a great tutorial for Painting Groot that I also used to do the limb that Rocket stands on. I took the chance to use the citadel technical paints suggested by Sorastro…I’d never tried these before or ‘inks’ that heavy before. I was pretty happy with the overall affect and they certainly made the painting go easier.

For Rocket, I also tried a couple of other techniques from Sorastro’s other guides, the back piece on Rocket came from the silver metal technique for Ironman’s suite and the nmm technique I used on his BFG came from a pdf guide for Crossbones and his gloves. Not sure if I nailed them, but I do like how they turned out. 


Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the pics, there a few to go through. Take care.

First, Brienne…pretty straight forward. I was looking to keep trying my hand at the non metal techniques while also making her armour look like it’s taken a beating or two. 


Second and third, Rocket and Groot. These were both areal hoot to paint up and both presented with some extremes. While Groot was quite oversized and quick to paint up, moving to the much smaller Rocket right after was a little tricky at first. 









A couple of pics with the a few of the other MCP characters I’ve worked through (in the background).

Lead Mountain 2021
Painted:
 
Large scale           3
28mm                 23, +3

Bought                24, +2

Progress              +2

No comments: