Tuesday 19 October 2021

Bringing the Pig to the Nam - US M60 teams

Howdy folks, 

I hope all is well on your respective sides of the internets. Thanks to Mike's suggestion of doing a Vietnam Infantry Aces campaign, I've brought some momentum to bear on my lead mountain. So, I have for you: some M60 machinegun teams for my US forces.

Within 'The Nam' ruleset the M60, also called the Pig (thanks to its size, etc...), shows up throughout almost every American formation. Depending on your force (either US Army or Marines) it can be brought to the field as a machinegun platoon and/or individual teams can be added to your infantry combat platoons. Any teams that you would add to your platoon would be in addition, not as a replacement, to your platoon troops. If I remember correctly, the only case that jumps to mind that is different is for Special Forces troops who can add M60 teams at no extra cost (but then these are based 2 figs/small base) so they don't really fit the platoon or 'infantry team' standard base size (I think Battlefront calls it a medium base).

Regardless of where it fits in, the Pig is a Vietnam icon and US player staple!

My immediate plan for these beauties is to max out their option for my main infantry combat platoons and chop 2 teams per platoon. At the moment I plan to have 2 combat platoons, and am painting enough figs to go either Army or Marines...and that includes enough figures to max out the Marine combat platoons (10 x M16 teams + 2 optional M60 teams vice the Army...7 teams + 2 M60 teams...if I remember correctly).

Anyway, that is the latest from the table. Take care, enjoy the pics.








Lead Mountain 2021
Painted:
 
Large scale             3
28mm                   23
15mm                   24, +12

Bought                  24

Progress               +26



No comments: