Tuesday 19 April 2022

Marvel CP - Doc Strange and Wong

Howdy folks,
 
I hope all is well on your side. Just a quick post for today, I recently had the chance to finish off the Doctor Strange and Wong expansion pack for Marvel Crisis Protocol. As has been my experience with these models to date, they are a double edged sword for me, lol. On one side, they are such fabulous and dynamic poses, on the other, they sure can take an extraordinary amount of time for me as my OCD grapples with getting them just right.

Now that’s mostly on me and my process. Funny enough, when I have a reference guide to go with my OCD tends to be even stronger. Again, the other side is that these guides have been a great way to further develop my style.

In this case, Wong was definitely a quick paint job for me, and the guides were helpful with various elements. But because there was no dedicated guide I had to develop my own plan…and it worked well for me. Now, Doc Strange was an interesting figure…quite dynamic with the spell effect and quite finicky with trying to attach him to it. My main disappointment is that the spell effect aside, the sculpt of the Doctor felt somewhat underwhelming and this one may be my least favourite of the range so far.

Regardless, the figures presented some great challenge and I hope I nailed the spell effect. Overall, my main frustration was having the glue crystallize on me after I glued the Doc to the effect…sigh, could always be worse.

Cheers. Enjoy the pics.
 
 

 



2022 Lead Mountain Climb

Painted

15mm               8 
28mm+             21, +2
 
Bought              0

Progress          +29

No comments: