Tuesday 3 May 2022

A few more Afropia thoughts...

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing well and as the weather starts to turn to shades of Spring and Summer...I hope you get some time and relaxation outside.

As soon as I finalized my last post on Afropia thoughts, I had a few more come to mind over the next day or so...as well, I had the chance to see an older post from Rabbits In My Basement on his imagi-nation experience and that got me further thinking on my initial 'hot takes' on my Afropian nations. You can check out his post via the link, but with post-colonial elements in my country overview, I wanted to be sure that I am not just re-hashing what has already been or worse minimizing significant histories for countries that have lived the worst of best and wrong intentions. There's alot of these histories that are horrendously depressing, and in the end I want to make sure that I'm focusing on the gaming aspect and not being locked into specific historic lines.

Not to mention, my main objective is to get miniatures on the table and not necessarily focusing on strict historical accuracy. So I guess I'll maintain the idea of 'post-colonial' in terms of working towards a model for size of the countries (i.e. populace and military forces). And like the name I've chosen, there will be elements from each of these continents.
 
I think my next steps that I identified earlier still stand...all I need to do is refine, and I will probably stick to 1-2 country profiles per post.

All in all, just a tracking of my random thoughts

2 comments:

irishserb said...

Looking forward to seeing how this project develops.

Stan M. said...

Thanks irishserb…I’m curious myself, lol. If it helps me paint through portions of my lead mountain and get some gaming in, then it will be a huge success!