Thursday 2 February 2023

Marvel Crisis Protocol - Starter Box Terrain

Howdy folks,

I hope all is well on your side of the winter...which we have actually had a fair share of since the new year. In the past month we've gotten just shy of a metre of snow, thats a bit over the 3 foot mark and we're easily sitting with over 2 feet on the ground, and definitely higher where snow has been cleared. Some of the drifts are starting to get as high as cars which is always fun. Looking at the forecast, it also looks like we're getting a real couple of days of Canadian winter; the windchill is expected to be almost as low as -40 to -45, so yeah, a real Canuck winter.

So with the winter that has suddenly become, I was able to finish up the terrain pieces for the Marvel Crisis Protocol starter box - pretty pumped by hitting this milestone. I don't have a good track record for finishing off all the bits that come in the various boxes, so yeah, gonna chalk this one up as a clear victory. I'll have to get a victory photo to mark the venture.

I gotta say, between the figs, vehicles, and terrain - the starter box had a lot packed into it, and a very good value given the cost of the individual expansions and figs. These were definitely some of the larger models that I had tried painting and the Daily Bugle shop that came with the starter definitely fell into this category. Given that I painted this up between December and January AND I don't have a winter or indoor airbrush station I tackled it all by brush. 

Admittedly, it took me a bit more than I would have liked, but it was a very good challenge and an opportunity to try out various techniques. I think when all is said and done, I probably painted it 3-4 times over, lol...but again, I got to test my contrast paints, my stippling, shading, and weathering on a larger scale than I'm used to...so again, progress!

I thought I'd go with extra weathering for the Bugle...J. Jonah has to be a bit of a cheap...fellow...so I thought that would fit. And I figured its NYC, so there has to be some graffiti, and I thought it would be fairly Spiderman focused.

Anywho, enjoy the pics.










Painted

15mm            10
28mm+          9, +5 (MCP Starter Box pieces)

Bought         24

Progress      -5

No comments: