Monday 27 February 2023

Painting Update - Empress Miniatures

Hey folks,

Hope all is well on your end, the end of the month is drawing near quite quickly so I am well past due for a painting update. I am making my way through a bunch of Team Yankee 15mm figs while also working in a few other packs and scale. Hence the title…I really like the dynamics of these Empress figures. I have recently finished some of their Chechnya range, and this time I’ve got a few from the US Rangers, US Army, and British Special Forces ranges.

Again, some very dynamic figures…and the single figs that I picked up from the US Army and British ranges are very dynamic an may well be my favourite amongst them. The figures have definitely given me a chance to retry and gain some competence with painting multicam. I’ve tried some slight variations with some element of the figures, mostly the helmets and the tac vests, but have a few more ideas in mind for the 4 others on my paint bench.

Anywho, I hope you enjoy the pics..if you’re looking for a great guide on painting Mulitcam, I would suggest going over to the Spectre Miniatures website, it is an excellent resource.

US Rangers pack...so looking at the Empress website, I've obviously mixed up the packs, so the 3 figures on the right are from pack RAN03.





The 2 figs on the left are from the US Army range (US11 and US12), the 1 on the right with the wicked Operator hair is from British Special Forces range (NZSAS1) based on real life New Zealand operator

For this realworld operator, I used some realworld inspiration...I had a pic of some CSOR operators from the Afghan Mission commemoration at Parliament Hill a few years back...the multicam pants and straight green top were a catching combination.



I gotta say, I am really happy with how this figure turned out, it painted up very nicely and the pose is extremely dynamic. Great looking figure.

Painted

15mm            10
28mm+          16, +7 (empress minis) 

Bought         120

Progress      -94

No comments: