Friday 19 May 2023

The Eagle…I mean, CanGames has landed!

Hey folks,

The last time I can say that Cangames was around the corner was just over 3 years ago as we were figuring out what needed to be done to try manage and keep folks safe. Now, the last time that I stepped into Cangames was May long weekend (2-4) of aught 2019, lol.

So here we are in 2023 and yesterday Cangames was around the corner and today, Cangames is here!

It was great to see a lot of great games getting setup and quite a few folks, definitely more than what you see on your typical Friday afternoon. While I didn’t do any gaming today, I really just went for the chance to meet up with folks and see some tables in action. Now it has definitely been a f@#k of a decade this year, lots popping on many fronts, so it was a great chance to get out…the flip side, I was really hoping to run a game this weekend and unfortunately I will not be able to run my Force on Force game.

Flip side, that gives me more of a chance to chill and focus on games and future projects, lol. And with day 1 done, we now have some random pics…enjoy.

Mike was running a Feudal Japan game…Samurai’s and such…not sure the rule set, but this is 15mm and the buildings would be great for Vietnam.

Again, not sure of the rule set here, but I think this was a Napoleonic-esque type game…and of course, I didn’t get any pics with actual figs on the table, sigh.

This was a setup for Gaslands…if I can fit it in, I think I’ll try to give it a shot…

I had the chance to help my buddy Serge setup his game, straight up cold-war vehicle gun fight between the Soviets (T72’s and 55’s) and Canadian 4CMBG Leopard battle group. Great looking table, and the figs looked great.

 

No comments: