Tuesday 9 July 2024

Painting Update - Enemy Spotted Studios

Howdy folks,

Here’s hoping that the summer is treating you all well so far. The weather here has definitely been on the warm side, especially for a guy who really likes winter weather. So with the remnants of Beryl projected to make its way north, I thought I’d post the latest batch of figs to come off the workbench.

I picked up a blister of African Regulars from Enemy Spotted Studios; 8 figures that have some pretty dynamic poses to them. I really like the team leader pose. Anywho, I wasn’t sure how to paint them up,so I hit the google for some inspiration. Looking at various pics of Kenyan, Nigerian, and South African troops I ended up settling on a bit of a mix between them…but if I had to narrow it down, I’d say the paint scheme was leaning more to the Nigerian side.

The figures themselves look really great. Like I said, they are pretty dynamic. I did have some issues with assembly and arms lining up with hands…that kind of thing…but I’m really happy with how they painted up and the results.

Enjoy the pics.

You can see the leader in the front rank, second from the right with his left arm pointing forward.





Journey up Lead/Plastic Mountain

Painted

15mm         27 
28mm+       43, +8

Fabricated

Terrain          2

Bought          8

Progress   +64


No comments: