Tuesday 2 September 2014

Air Support -- Fate of a Nation and Vietnam

Howdy folks,

Hello again to you all, I hope your summer has been outstanding.  As promised, I went on an August hiatus and am now just getting caught up blog-wise.  I will admit, I have lurked for the past week and focused more on prepping minis for my 'To-do Project' pile (approx. 2-300 15mm figs) than on actual painting.

However, I took the opportunity to snap some pics today of some aircraft that I finished up at the end of July.  These aircraft will fill out some points requirements for my Fate of  a Nation lists, as well, I painted up a North Vietnamese Air Force Mig17...not sure where I'll use the NVAF Mig, but the paint scheme looked really cool and...well, I just had to try it...

Anyway, here are some pics of the aircraft.

What's next:

  • Battle report from our clubs Fate of a Nation tank ace campaign; and
  • Last night I started on some 28mm WW1 German troops...yes, I have been bitten by the recent Great War bug (thank you Battlefront) and wanted to try painting these troops on a larger scale before tackling a couple hundred of them when they arrive in the mail.  I will try to finish these troops soon and post some pics.

Take care all...

Group Shot... (l to r)
NVAF Mig 17, Arab Mig 17, IAF Ouragan


Arab Mig17 and Israeli Ouragan, both are Battlefront...


 
Hero shots of Arab Mig17...


Hero pics of Israeli Air Force Ouragan...


various poses of North Vietnamese Mig17...painted up on a whim and I really like how it turned out...maybe it will make a snatch & grab or demolish objective for a Force On Force game...

No comments: