Wednesday 30 September 2015

Old West Gunslingers...a legend or two in the mix...

Howdy howdy all,

My buddy Mike has been on an Old West kick lately after he picked up the Dead Man's Hand ruleset and figures...in the past month or so he has put up a bunch of posts of his progress including a battle report.

Inspired, I grabbed a quick set of four figs to paint-up...I really do like the era and the figures, so this wasn't a particular hardship for me...I'm actually running near the end of my Old West minis...I'm almost at the end of figures I picked up from North Bay Hobbies.

These ones came up really fast, I was fairly surprised how easy they felt to paint this time.  Amongst the chosen, I painted up Pat Garrett, Kid Curry, Wild Bill, and William H...aka, Billy the Kid.  They only took a couple of nights for me to tackle, and one of the nights I also had the American History Channel show "Gunslingers" on in the background for inspiration...

I think my favorite episode so far is the Wild Bill...
 
of course, followed by Wyatt Earp (if for no other reason than to see a cheery Kurt Russell...
 
The figs...
 
Group shot...Mr. Garrett, Kid C, Wild Bill, and Billy the Kid... 

 
 Pat Garrett and Kid Curry
 
And larger than life, J.B. Hickok complete with longhorn belt buckle and army scouts sash, along with William H. Bonney...or Henry McCarty depending on your preference
 


No comments: