Sunday 26 January 2020

Hello to the Roaring 20's

Happy New Year folks...belated of course.

I hope the new decade finds you and yours healthy, happy, and well. To say the least, it has been of to one hell of a rocky start, but here's to optimism. It's an odd milestone to bring pause for thought, but this marks year 6 of this bloggy adventure into Nerdly Darkness.

Overall, I think the blog has accomplished the main objectives that I had hoped for...it has helped to bring some degree of focus to my painting and gaming. It has allowed me some venue to document and catalog my gaming woes. And in spite of being hit with random real-world, real-life dramatics, crisis, struggles, or whatever your verbology...it is something that is still near the forefront of my mind and has allowed me to further connect with other folk in this hobby.

The last year has certainly seen a dramatic decrease in the amount of posting...which did also see a decrease in the amount of painting that I accomplished. The one challenge has been that there are some projects that I have started that have not made it to the internet and thus are not captured in my climb up Mount Lead.  At years end, I stood around +45 in terms of progress but there are some figs that I have completed that did not make the posting cut...as such, I could probably claim a higher number. Of course, if that's the only stressor I'm dealing with today, then it sounds like a pretty good day.

Oh, I did do some custom painting to support my wife's handicraft business...she had a run on 'Fairy Gardens' this year so I painted up various doors, gnomes, and houses for those. I also painted up a bunch of Star Wars keychains for her shows...all in all about 50 different pieces.  And today I am actually test-painting and basecoating some 'dragon eye' pieces for her...so that will keep me similarly busy.

Big picture: I'm still very much into the hobby...I really like painting and I am always working on improving my technique and style. So yeah, you'll hear from me throughout the year.

Big hand, small map perspective: There are still 'places' I want to go, so there are some goals for the year...
  • increase my output (d'uh...low hanging fruit);
  • get my 4CMBG project back on track and get into the club campaign before it is too late;
  • finish up the Legion starter box AND all the various expansions that I bought (although, a lot were gifts and from random windfalls, so they don't count as having been bought); and
  • right now I am thinking of getting a table together for CanGames...in the realm of possible would be Force on Force Cold War, Star Wars Legion, Fallout WW, or Battlestar Galactica
All the best in the year...a couple of pics for you.

First figures of the year...


And because we are in the 20's, I recently went to Las Vegas for the first time and had to try my hand at a Tommy Gun...it's not the drum that my wife put downrange, but it was a nice treat (I put my money to another shooting venture, but I'll share that later in an appropriately themed post)

Take care






2 comments:

Greg B said...

Those ADATS look great - and the shooting range looks like a ton of fun...

Stan M. said...

Thanks Greg...I’ll post up a few more pics of the ADATS, they were outstanding their first game out. The range was a hoot, I was able to try out a few history pieces