Saturday 25 January 2020

End Year Painting Finish


Hello folks,

I know, I know...it has been some time since my last post; I guess it was last year...I guess over the course of the past year my blogging mojo kind of left me and I greatly reduced my electronic/cyber presence.  I did however, continue to push through with painting projects and was able to move the markers a little bit forward. 

The end-year had a variety of projects each competing for their time, however, thanks to some youtube video binging I found myself quite motivated to paint up the starter box for Fallout Wasteland Warrior...in spite of my previous toe-dip into these minis:

Test Painting - Fallout Wasteland Warrior

Now, back to youtube, I happened to see Guerilla Miniature Game pop-up in my feed one day

and one of the featured videos was Ash's intro to the Fallout Wasteland Warrior starter box.  I figured what the hell, give it a watch, and go from there.  I ended up watching all of his Fallout videos and was sufficiently motivated to breakout the starter box and paint it up.  Now I bought the box in 2018 (if I remember correctly) at our LGS and got an excellent deal, because I was gaming Fallout 4 pretty hard at the time I also bought a blister of turrets when they were available and the Boston Companions that I painted for my toe-dip.

Now we jump to the Fall 2019 and I am now putting paint to brush on the starter box.  One thing to consider as you look at the pictures, Modiphius released the set in a few options, resin or pvc.  The box I bought was the pvc, as such you will see that some of the minis do suffer from some base warp that I was not able to fully mitigate these.  As well, I've read that the resin and now metal figures have much more detail than the pvc...curious to see this as I like the detail that is in the pvc figs and really more just sounds better.

Bottomline, thanks to GMG I painted up the box, I am very happy with how the figures turned out, and one of my objectives for 2020 will be to try these figures out on the table.

Enjoy the pics...take care.

 The Starter Set survivor lineup...(l to r) potential railroad faction figure that could pass for random settlement survivor, pipe pistol packing survivor, Dogmeat, Nora the sole survivor, and another random peon who can be used as survivor or slave; dependant upon the scenario.
 
 
Closeup shot of the crew...the bases turned out really cool and each one is themed.  I even tried to paint some Quantum Nuka Cola for Dogmeat...
 
The Survivor/Peon/Slave...double barrel at the ready...
 
There is a power armoured figure for the survivors...I elected to paint this up as a survivor with some scrounged pieces from other suits...as opposed to going all BoS with it.
 
Nora the sole survivor and Dogmeat...
 
The MUTANTS!!!! These were a ton of fun to paint up...pretty much anything goes and if you're inclined it is an excellent reason to 'research' some time with a Fallout console game of your choosing...
 
 
The Turret blister...these came in hard resin and were a little finicky on building but turned out really well...I'm very happy with the results. 
 
Saving the best for last...the first figure from the starter box that I painted, the Chairman of the Board...the DEATHCLAW!!! This was a blast to paint and I had a lot of fun bringing the various details out with the highlights and shading...
 
 
Take care folks, keep swinging
  

2019 Expedition up Mt. Lead.

Painted:
28mm-ish     57 (+16, 4 turrets, 12 box figures)
15mm           3

Bought:        15 (+4 turrets)

Progress:   +45

No comments: