Thursday 30 January 2020

Air tank gunning...What? Gotta be ADATS

Evening everyone,
 
I thought I'd do a quick follow up to the first figs painted of the year that I teased in my last post...here.  First off the bench for 2020, a couple of additions to the combat support element of my 4 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group...ADATS - air defence ant-tank system.
 
These are not the first batch of these beasts that I've painted for my 4CMBG troops...when I put my Team Yankee force together, I started with a 2 gun section in support.  Not only are these figs able to take command of the skies, but they can throw out Mach3 smokeless missiles at Ivan's heavy metal at long range.  In the realworld we were talking about 10 kilometres, dependant on the strength of the laser guidance...in gaming terms, I think it is about 72 inches; but a very lethal ability to take down close air and armour!
 
My first game that I had these beautiful air gunners along, they proved to be very resilient...taking a lot of fire before finally succumbing to 125mm rain...but they also tallied a considerable body count of T72's and BMP's.  So from that game I had to paint up another section for a somewhat full-ish 4 gun battery.
 
Anyhow, these models painted up super fast and were great to paint-up...again.  So please enjoy a couple of pics of the latest gun numbers to hit the ORBAT.
 
Cheers.
 
 
 
Hike up Lead Mountain, 2020
 
Painted:
 
28mm            -
15mm            2
 
Bought:         0
 
Progress:     +2

 
 

No comments: