Friday 9 April 2021

Let the New Year Begin

 Howdy all,

So, just over four months in and I am ready to acknowledge the new year. Not that anything specifically horrible or terrible was thrust upon me...just another moment of cyber-lulling trying to keep my sanity by limiting my time on the internet and online devices. I have been filling that time with painting and even managed to enter in a painting contest to keep me distracted.

 However, I gotta take my mandatory recorded pause for reflection on 2020 and say...damn! A lot happened and a lot didn't...all at the same time, in terms of painting I think it is one of the years where I purchased less. Instead, making my spending habits much more focused (at least in my head) and acquiring less dirt for lead mountain. I did make some deliberate overspends to support various players in the hobby including a new local gaming store that started ops about 4 months before the first lockdown.

 I'm happy to have been in a position where I could support local and some afar.

 As for overall painting, I think I also made some considerable ground on lead mountain and ended up in the positive for my overall progress (over +200)...so, yeah...pretty pumped about that.

 For the next/this year...

1. Always remember that it could be worse;

2. increase my overall painting - LMAO - although my start has been notably slower having taken my time on figures;

3. Get back to Team Yankee, the Nam, and 15mm in general - this scale constitutes the whole reason I got into the hobby...and is a big part of lead mountain;

4. Possibly try my hand at battle report videos and posting online;

5.  Get some physical games...#4 literally depends on it; and

6. Keep challenging my painting pace and technique - there is another contest on the horizon and I am scoping out entry pieces.

Oh...and maybe changes the drapes around this place and work on a new background for the blog. I hope all is well with you and yours and you continue to be safe.

Take care.

2 comments:

Mike_A said...

Someday we should do an infantry aces Vietnam thing, I feel like that would be a good way to get going. I've had a bit of stuff for years, but hard to get motivated on that

Stan M. said...

That would be kickass!! I really like that idea...ping me some emails and we can start some brainstorming