Wednesday 23 June 2021

Cyberpunk Monster Fight Club style...

Hello Everyone,
  
I hope all is well out there...over the course of last years lockdown I discovered a few new creators and distribution points for miniatures. One of those that were new to me was Monster Fight Club. Since then I have seen some references to kickstarter and thanks to their newsletter I am seeing their latest updates as they go live and to their store.

Inspired by a post I saw on a reddit group, I went over and saw some of the Cyberpunk range that Monster Fight Club has. Liking what I saw and very reminiscent of the original Blade Runner, I picked out a 'Deckard' looking figure that comes with a body suitable enough to look cyborgy for him to loom over if you want to make a diorama of it all...I also grabbed another blister to rationalize the shipping.

Happy to say that these characters made it onto the work bench and offered me a chance to try some different techniques on basing. Specifically, solely painting on street-worn sidewalk and texturing. The figures themselves looked outstanding and were very clean . They painted up nicely and I was able to do a nice homage to Deckard in a pseudo-CSI theme...or given the blue gloves, '2 by 2 hands of blue'...for any browncoats out there...

Anyway, I hope you like the figures, enjoy the pics...and be careful out there <<cue Hill Street Blues music>>









Lead Mountain - 2021
Painted:
 
Large scale            2
28mm                    9 +2 (cops)

Bought                  5
Progress              +6

No comments: