Sunday 5 December 2021

Marvel Crisis Protocol - Starter Box - Main Characters

Hello everyone,

As always, hoping that things are right in your respective corners. So with my previous post showing off my finished Baron Zemo and Doctor Octopus, I thought I would share a quick collage and group photo of the heroes, villains, and in-between from the Marvel Crisis Protocol core box.

That's it...not much else to say...except to say that so far, I am really enjoying these Marvel characters. Not only are they fairly dynamic in sculpt and pose, but they look really cool, and for me they have been an excellent challenge to my painting technique.

I have to throw a shoutout to Sorastro...yes, I do follow him on YouTube, I do contribute to his Patreon, but if you're tight on budget, he has a great website that not only includes great pics, free painting guides for select figures, but also an excellent painting techniques page that has links to his videos free to access on YouTube...if you can, I encourage you to check him out, if you like what you see, then check out his website, and if you are able, then support him on Patreon - I'm a big fan and love that this is his dayjob now.

Anyway, promotions aside, I really like how looking at Sorastro and other pictures on-the-Google got me out of my painting comfort zone. I like the comicbook colours and approach to these figures and I now have a molehill becoming a mountain of Marvel Crisis Protocol plastic to work through.

I hope you enjoy the pics. Have a gooder!!


The Heroes...for the most part, being heroic...and maybe conflicted (I'm looking at you Widow)...

 

And in all their villainy glory...not conflicted, very sure of themselves, the confidently evil!

 
 
 
 

Aaaaaaaannnnddd of course, GROUPSHOT!!!



2 comments:

Mike_A said...

Very nice job on these guys. I picked up Dr Strange and the Antman set to give it a try. Have to squeeze in a game sometime. Still need to try Star Wars to!

Stan M. said...

Thanks Mike! Looking forward to Doc Strange and I haven’t seen Antman yet, so that will be cool to see how that goes. Would definitely like to give it a shot…I’ll see how quick I can get some terrain done.