Friday 3 December 2021

Zemo and the Doc Octo-man

Hey folks,

I hope all is well on your respective fronts.

So with the latest Disney+ marvel series hitting the 'airwaves' and the trailers for the upcoming Spiderman movie, I couldn't help but have the title of this post come out like a new webseries. Not to mention, since I came up with the title all I can think of is American Dad and Wheels and the Legman!! So yeah, its gotta be a series now...
 
American Dad - posted on YouTube by user Jennifer Hime Lawrence
 
Anywho, Baron Zemo and Doc...I mean, Doctor Octopus (he didn't go to evil science school to be called 'doc')...are part of the core characters from the Marvel Crisis Protocol core box. I gotta say, Zemo was a real hoot to paint and he came up fairly quick. On the other hand, the Doc, has been on my painting table for probably the last 4-6 months...for some reason he really intimidated me and had me uncertain on how to reach the level that I was envisioning. Of course, that fabulous sob Sorastro really set the bar high for this figure.

I gotta say, after the fretting I am really happy with how things turned out...and in all actuality Doc painted up relatively quickly...go figure! I'm particularly really happy with how the tentacles came out as I'm dipping my brush into the non-metal metallic field.
 
Anyway, with these 2 glorious villains complete I am now 'half' way through completing the core box with all 10 heroes/villains complete...the next step will be to tackle the great looking terrain that came with the box.
 
I hope you enjoy the pics. Take care!


Magnificent looking buggers. With the right banner and theme song, Zemo and Doc Octo-man could be a real thing, I'm sure of it! In keeping with our title, we'll let the Baron strut his stuff first...


I have to say, this painted up so easily. I did have a Sorastro painting guide to help me, but the main difference I had compared to other figures is that I wasn't concerned with paint-matching per say. I used the guide...well as a guideline, not a rule. I liked the overall look and I adapted my painting to my paint collection and personal taste. I even tried out some NMM on the sword - much more practice needed, but I'm still happy overall. 
 
 
I really like Sorastro's approach to Doctor Octopus, the colour scheme is very much keeping with the comic book feel. The tentacles are very representative of the comic as well, and the source lighting in his treatment looked spectacular and was quite inspirational. And just because I like seeing figures from all angles...
 


The doc of the hour in all his NMM and impatient glory!

Lead Mountain 2021
Painted:
 
Large scale              3
28mm                     25, +2
15mm                   102

Bought                  24

Progress               +106


No comments: