Friday 7 January 2022

2022 - First Figures

Howdy folks, 

I hope all is well on your respective sides. Hopefully you are keeping safe and warm and any sniffles that you have are just that! Not much to report from my little corner of the globe, I'm on the right side of the dirt so that is always a great way to start the day.

As I mentioned in my parting shot/post for 2021, one of my objectives is to get back to my 15mm plasti-lead pile and my Team Yankee collection is amongst the top of that. So with that, my first figures of the year are some Soviet BMP-2's as well as a FOO in a BMP-1 to support my Carnations and Hails. As with my previous experience with these models, they painted up quite quickly and were a snap to put together...and to be honest I had put them together a few years back and subsequently lost them to the heap.

For the BMP's, I painted up the 2's in the same manner as my previous vehicles, however with these 4 BMP 2’s earmarked for recce duty I’ve added a higher level of weathering. For the 1, I wanted a different paint scheme to better differentiate it on the table. Overall, I'm very happy and while I did a fairly fast paint on these, I think I've hit a very good tabletop standard.

Enjoy the pics...take it easy!






Any force that brings their big guns with definitely needs a FOO. For my Sovs I’ve elected to transport mine in a BMP 1, with the Sagger missile removed.



2022 Lead Mountain Climb

Painted

15mm               7, +7 (5 x bmp's, 2 x crew)
 
Bought             0
 
Progress          +7


No comments: