Hello everyone,
I hope your July has been going well. Trying to capitalize on this months posting momentum, I thought I would post some painting progress. It’s a little bit across a few genres, but has been where my brain has been at over the past month or so. I definitely got some inspiration from getting some games in at Cangames, but also from where Duncan and Mike are focusing their painting at as well.
Trying something different, and because my painting was all over the place, I’ll drop some notes and commentary with the pics themselves this time.
Have a great rest of your month.
I honestly can’t remember when or where I got this pilot from…I want to say I got him as a freebie for a subscription or a miniatures order. I want to say it is either a limited Artizan or Pulp Figures model. It’s great WW1 or inter-wars period model. My main inspiration for this one came from some pics of WW1 and post-war Canadian Arctic pilots…I’m liking how the coat came out, different leather tone than what I normally do.
These Canadian Iltis jeeps were part of my buildup for Cangames as I needed a couple more TOW vehicles for the fun. Great vehicles that painted up really quickly. They’ll do well with any TeamYankee Canadian Airborne Regiment formation that I try running in the future.
Not that long ago, Duncan graciously gave me another 3 GAZ trucks that he had printed up to go along with the other 4 that he has given me. These remain a lot of fun to paint up, and google search gives you so many different options for paint schemes. These will do well in Cold War and Imagi-nations settings.
I broke out another pack of Northstar Figures Stargrave minis…this time it was the Marksmen pack with a humanoid and alien looking sniper dudes. I ended up going with the same scheme that Northstar used for the humanoid…but for the alien…I ended up changing my original colours and going with a light bright-ish green and tan brown complimentary tone. This was a real blast to work out and refine. I’m really happy with how it turned out. I ended up basing the figures like my last Stargrave figs…space station deck with trash and debris,
2026's Trek up Mt. Shame
Painted
15mm 59, +15 (Iltis and Gaz)
28mm+ 22, +3 (pilot and marksmen)
Terrain +38
Bought 103
Progress +16














No comments:
Post a Comment