Howdy everyone,
Continuing to work on the metal/plastic pile of”fame”…no shame here! Having just finished the last piece in the set, I thought I would post up the 02 Hundred expansion Escape from Stalag 3…or the Great Escape for those that remember the classic movie.
The figures look great and have a fabulous amount of detail…they are metal, not plastic. This is a portion of the figures that I picked up from Cangames this year. In addition to this expansion, I also picked up the blister pack of escaped prisoners wearing civvies. Again, these figures are metal, and while not as detailed as the prisoners themselves, they fit in really well and look really good.
As part of the expansion, you get a German army Military Policeman riding a BMW motorcycle. This figure and the bike site on a much larger base than the regular figures and makes a nice looking mini-diorama all on its own.
Anywho, hope you enjoy the pics.
Group shot of the aircrew prisoners. Some great inspiration from the Great Escape movie and the figs do a great job of emulating some of the key characters from the movie. The overhead shot was an attempt to showcase the bases as I was particularly proud of how well they turned out.
Back and front shot of each of the characters…the leather jacket for the Cooler King was a lot of fun to paint up as well.
The other 3 characters…again, really great connections with the movie…I really enjoyed the paintwork and ended up mixing a few colours together to get the shade of blue that I was looking for. Really happy with how it turned out.
The civilian dressed escapees…again, my painting was heavily inspired by the movie characters.
The MP sitting on his motorbike…really happy with the turnout and particularly the MP’s gorget around his neck.
2026's Trek up Mt. Shame
Painted
15mm 59
28mm+ 34, +12
Terrain +38
Bought 103
Progress +28













No comments:
Post a Comment