I hope that everyone’s summer is going better than expected and that all is well in your respective spheres of influence. I wanted to share a quick post with you and give a quick update on my painting progress over the last week or so.
I was able to get through a couple of blister packs of figures from ESS and their In Country line. While their direction has gone more ultra-modern plus or future-modern (not sure if that is a genre, but sounds right in my head), ESS had a really great range of modern figures that my local gaming store…<<cough, Red Dragon, cough>>…had stocked for some time. The figures were a mix of metal and resin and had a great amount of detail.
The last two packs that I finished were “Gas Mask Operators”, resin…and “Killteam Operatives” that were metal. So I’m thinking the Killteam were maybe some of the first figures that ESS released. Anyway, I had a great time painting these minis up…my only beef being that the Killteam figures were a little tricky putting together. Particularly, the left arm for 2 of the minis were a little difficult to discern, so there is a chance that I may have assembled them incorrectly. I did have to make some adjustments and ‘fixes’ as I was putting them together.
However the finished product turned out really well. Inspired by Spectre Miniatures and the covert/overt operative packs, I painted up both packs as closely to each other as possible so that I ended up with a Killteam figure also wearing a gas mask for when the op goes sideways or is a little more intense and they need to lay down some smoke or gas.
Enjoy the pics. You’ll see, one of the figures was inspired by Matt Damon’s first kick at Jason Bourne, complete with a red bag.
Cheers.
Both crews, similarly painted…I took the minimalist approach to their bases, but also wanted to depict them as if they were just walking down the street and slipped into action.
“You with the red bag!! Don’t move!”…
The gas mask crew, similarly dressed as the crew above…I think my favourite is the dude in the yellow leisure/sweatsuit…I had ALOT of fun painting him up.
2026's Trek up Mt. Shame
Painted
15mm 59
28mm+ 44, +8
Terrain +38
Bought 103
Progress +38








No comments:
Post a Comment