Monday 28 December 2015

Bringing it back...terrain that is...

Merry Christmas folks.

So I recently took a look at the banner for my blog...and I realized that I really haven't said much at all about terrain.  I mean, afterall, I even put it in the description...and I have had very few terrain related posts...

Consider my head hung in shame...<feels shame>...so with that in mind.  Terrain, I'm bringing it back baby...

Randal Graves approves the bringing back of terrain...


Funny thing, when I first started in the hobby I went pretty heavy with constructing buildings and terrain pieces, but over the years I slowly moved away from that and start purchasing more of the pre-built, pre-painted variety...I do enjoy the 'pro' made items, but there's still a lot to be said for the world of DIY.

Take care and see you in the New Year.

Some of my past glory...

this was the first table that I put together...the only pieces that I did not make were the Battlefront Eastern Front buildings...anything grey, I built...welcome to Stanisgrad

The next thing I needed were some walls to block movement, etc...

vicious hand to hand fighting in the factory...the factory took me approx. 2 months to build and paint and is approx. 24"x24"...all pieces inside the factory were handbuilt...I even put in a sewage pipe, complete with 'brown stuff' and a body or 2...

some commission work that I did, desert and eastern front minefields

 
And now, a mix of scratch built and pieces that I painted...

a couple of resin bunkers that I bought from a LGS...I went with a very quick and dirty paintjob
 

Some craters that I bought at last years Cangames from 6 Squared Studios.  I do not know where the open bottomed one came from, it was given to me...added a stand of CEF troops for scale...
 
 
Some city debris trenchlines that I had put together quite some time ago, but finally got around to painting them over the past couple of months...they will join about 6 more stands of city trenchline...I have similarly made about 6 stands each of desert trenchline and Eastern Front fieldworks. 
 

 
VC recoilless rifle stand added for scale and perspective... 


2 comments:

Duncan said...

Those look really good, the Stanisgrad pieces especially.

I am going to try and make some Frostgrave terrain this year.

Stan M. said...

Thanks Duncan...I haven't had the table out in a while, but I'm thinking I should add some more pieces...they could work for TY.

Some Frostgrave would be great...I may have to try some as well.