Friday 23 June 2017

Knights of the Crescent Moon

Howdy folks,

Never underestimate the ability for home reno's and work to get in the way of blogging momentum!! Now, it could always be worse, but as we approach the final stretch of the month, I am trying to push forward with momentum and some good posts...

Everytime I go through North Bay, I try to make an effort to drop by North Bay Hobbies and spend a little there to try to support the small business folks in our hobby.  This one time, a few years back, I dropped by and bought a flurry of Artizan miniatures. 

I have finally gotten around to putting paint to metal on this great looking pack of the "Knights of the Cresent Moon"...for me, visualizing these figures was heavily influenced by this character:

 Kevork Malikyan as Kazim, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
 
The pack was fairly quick to paint up and includes 3 focused individuals fighting to protect the Holy Grail from adventurers and riff-raff alike.
 
Enjoy the pics.
 
Always looking stylish with colour and highly shined shoes...these gents are ready for anything...

 
I think every movie I've seen has at least one person wearing a tan suit in the desert...going with that, I thought this was a very appropriate colour to choose...I initially went with desert yellow with green ochre highlights with green ochre/Iraqi sand as the final highlight.
 
Initially I had thought of painting the Tommy gunner up exactly like Kazim...but...I did doubt my ability to nail the pin striping...so I went with a safe black suit for this guy.
 
Painting so far in 2017:
 
Painted:
28mm - 53
15mm - 5

Bought:
28mm - 53
vehicle - 1

15mm - 0
vehicle - 7
Overall PROGRESS: -3

No comments: