Saturday 18 April 2020

4 CMBG - Dragoons Up!

Howdy folks,

For anyone that has been with me since the beginning, you certainly have some idea of where my gaming interests lie.  One of my 'pet projects' dating back to before all the figures were available was to model a Cold War force from the 4th Canadian Mechanized Brigade Force.  Growing up, I think outside of UN commitments and maybe the Special Service Force (SSF), 4 CMBG was a key formation to keep the Bear at bay.  As such they certainly had TO&E priority in the CAF.

Having had fam and friend serve with this formation, it seemed only natural to want to model this force and to take the time to model it to the point that it lived up to my expectations.  I know that outside of some support elements, my 4CMBG updates have been relatively light...afterall, my last post regarding my RCD's was about 2 years ago...sigh, lol.

Bold and Swift - RCD's
Paint Schemes and Vehicle Markings

So, I am happy to say I have finished up my last two combat platoons for my RCD Squadron...that will give me 3 Troops of Leopard C1's to bring to the fight.  Along with my current ADATS support and M150 TOW carrier support, I think my battlegroup will be good to go with sufficient heavy metal and missiles.

And now, the pics...a lot of them, lol...

The Dragoons, A Squadron, 4 CMBG
Initially I only modelled the O/C and Battle Captain...for gameplay, Team Yankee has up to 2 additional head-shed Leopards...so I added 1 more to the command team.  I intentionally left the vehicle markings off in case I model another troop in the future, I can just chop the Leo over there.

A Squadron, 2 Troop, Callsigns 12, 12A, 12B, 12C.  
Since my last Dragoon post, Battlefront released their plastic Leopard 1 platoon boxes...this platoon is the plastic variant. 

The plastic version paints up quite nice...take paint well, quick to cover, and has some nice details...there is a lot of assembly required, but they do make nice models.

A Squadron, 3 Troop, Callsigns 13, 13A, 13B, 13C.
Another set of plastic models...hard to put together, nice to paint up.
 

A Squadron, 3 x combat platoons/troops - 15 x Leopard C1

RCD gun line...1A to 13C

Hike up Lead Mountain, 2020

Painted:

28mm            11
15mm            35 (+13; 9 vehs, 4 crew)

Bought:         0 (these were bought mid last year)

Progress:     +46

No comments: