Monday 20 April 2020

Painting Update - 40K Cadian's

Hello folks,

Just thought I'd post another pandemic painting update...even though CanGames was up in the air I still wanted to be ready to run a Zona Alfa game just in case restrictions on gatherings became loosened up.

Well, even with the confirmation, I still wanted to keep up steam on mu painting and the idea of running a table presented me with the motivation/reason/excuse to break out a Cadian Shock Trooper box that I bought at one of my first CanGames.  I had seen some pretty interesting paint schemes and mods on these troops and when I saw them on discount, I totally jumped on them.

Given the idea of using them in the Zona Alfa setting got me wondering on how to best paint them up...having spent quite a bit of time researching the Soviet-Afghan war, my mind went towards using the Soviet VDV Paratroopers and Spetznaz.  Surprisingly, these troops had a wide variance in dress regs and kit outs...and like any soldier in any theatre, what works tended to stick.  So, this gave me a chance to try my hand at replicating the various uniforms and those awkwardly awesome looking tennis shoes.

I hope you enjoy the pics...




Hike up Lead Mountain, 2020

Painted:

28mm            18 (+7, Cadian 40K)
15mm            35

Bought:         0 (these were bought many years ago)

Progress:     +53

2 comments:

Mike_A said...

I like the shouty grenade guy. Seems like a well manerd chap.

But makes me a bit concerned you are planning Space Grozny...

Stan M. said...

Hah! Space Grozny, that could be a thing, lol. Thanks Mike...