Wednesday 22 April 2020

Star Wars Legion - Stormtroopers and Chewie

Howdy everyone,

Another isolation fuelled update.  While I am thankful I can still work from home, the ongoing restrictions has kept me in at night and given me opportunity to keep up the painting.  I am now finished all of the Stormtroopers from the core box as well as the expansion box...although there are now some additional firepower troops available that I'll have to see about buying...thanks FFG.

If I haven't said it yet, I gotta say it now...painting rows of Stormtroopers does leave one seeing white noise after a while...kinda like M113 fatigue, Stormtrooper fatigue IS REAL!! With that in mind, I am happy with how they turned out, and am happy to be done...for now, lol.

I have Scout Troopers in my future, so I'll have to see how to change it up.

Now, one way to lessen the 'noise' I wanted to add some weathering and mudding to the troops to get away from all that white.  Anyway, here are 2 sections of troopers freshly painted.

Chewbacca was a great model to put together and was a bit of a challenge to paint up...for this, I turned to Sorastro to see how I could tackle this and get my 'wet blend' on...very happy with the results and really happy that his base matched nicely with Han's.

Enjoy the pics.

Red and Blue sections...ready to push-off...

Blue Section...
A great part of painting these guys up is trying to bring out any highlights that are possible...throwing on a couple of washes as part of the last steps certainly helped to bring them out.

Red Section...suitably weathered up for service on faraway outposts...

The formation so far...three sections of Stormtroopers, ready to go, based for Tatooine, Jedah, or any other desertlike setting.

Chewbacca, Rebel operative and longtime sidekick, colleague, and friend of Han Solo...the fur was a little challenging but more along the lines of getting the layout right.  Once I was happy with the general layout, the wet-brushing actually went really quick

Chewie standing tall with Han...

Hike up Lead Mountain, 2020

Painted:

28mm            33 (+15, 14 x Stormtroopers, 1 x Chewie)
15mm            35

Bought:         0 (these were bought last year)

Progress:     +68





2 comments:

Duncan said...

The stormtroopers look really good. You must have a pretty good sized force for the game by now.

Stan M. said...

Thanks Duncan...getting there, lol. I just have to move up to some of the heavy weapons now, but I think I’ve got enough to start trying the scenarios...