Saturday 17 July 2021

Empress Minis - Chechnya Figures

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all well and safe leading into a very sunny weekend. Over the past year I have been trying to stay gaming-motivated with YouTube videos and chatboard stuff. I gotta say I certainly got caught up in Guerrilla Miniatures Games and his Sinister Ministers crew for Zona Alfa, and boy has it been entertaining and motivating.

So, with that I mind I went over to Empress Miniatures and snagged a few packs of their ultra modern figs (mostly US Rangers) and amongst them I picked up a pack of Chechnya themed fighters. I thought these would be perfect in the Zona Alfa setting, very Stalker/Metro like qualities...and so I went about painting up this crew. I figure for ZA, they can suit well as a new crew or pop-up as in the zone inhabitants or bounty hunters type role.

I have to say, they painted up super quick and other than some issues with assembly, the AK's were rather finicky to glue to the figures hands, they were great. Also, inspired by a Chechnya War era pic I saw online, I had to paint up one of my figs in winter whites. As it turned out, I was having such a hard time getting his eyes done, I just left the good eye and 'flesh-toned' the other to make it look like a war wound...so very ZA asthetic.

-picture from RareHistoricPhotos-

I hope you enjoy the pics.

 
This figure also works as a command type, or just one of the crew, maybe the only map-reader amongst the lot of them.

 
Map inspired tete-a-tete...where are we going?
 
 


Lead Mountain - 2021
Painted:
 
Large scale           3
28mm                  17, +4

Bought                21, +15 (bunch of Empress figs)
Progress              -1
 
 

No comments: