Wednesday 14 July 2021

Marvel Cris Protocol - Winter Soldier & Vision

Hello everyone,

Keeping with my foray into MCP, and as a fan of these superheroes as a kid, and movie fan in the recent MCU, I give you Vision and Bucky Barnes. Although in this pack, he is definitely the Winter Soldier, complete with red star on his shiny arm.

I previously mentioned how I had received an award earlier this year, and with the remainder of the card I received I bought this expansion pack. Call me crazy, as much as I really like the Winter Soldier, I wasn’t pumped to pick up this box…I was after all trying to exercise some restraint…but I looked at the box art and it really came down to seeing Vision phase through the wall that sold me on it. All I could think was, I want to try that…crazy but it’s what sold me.

The box had been resting on the table for a few months now…I tackled the Winter Soldier and thought I’d try my hand at non-metal metallics on his arm. Now I know I tried this out on Ultron, with Bucky it was more of a conscious thought and less about trying to replicate a look that I liked. Happy enough, it also gave me a chance to try out the Vallejo NMM paint set that I bought with my winnings from February’s painting contest. I’m happy with the result, but it definitely took me 3-4 tries and a lot of patience to get to that point.

Vision? Well he came up really fast. It didn’t take me nearly as long…and I gotta say, having a strong sense of the tones I wanted and a pretty clear vision (don’t judge the pun) certainly made the painting easier.

Hope you enjoy…take care.











And if we’re talking the Winter Soldier, we need a considerable amount of spent brass!

Lead Mountain- 2021
Painted:
 
Large scale            3
28mm                    13, +2 (Winter & Vision)

Bought                  6
Progress              +10

No comments: