Tuesday 27 July 2021

A Few Randoms

Howdy folks,

I hope all is well on your end. Not too much going on around here, hopefully you are able to get out and enjoy the summer weather wherever you are.

Just a quick post today on a few figures that I was able to get finished up. A friend of mine recently started to bring in some family D&D nights to their household...and asked me if I would paint up a figure for her dungeon crawling.

If I got it right, her character is an Elf mage type wizard/witch kinda being with fire and ice being her main powers...apologies to those out there that actually know the words I was supposed to say but didn't get right. In this iteration of her character (I have a second I need to paint), I chose the fire ability to be the predominant colour with a nod to the ice ability through the blue areas. The biggest stipulation, the figure needed to have green hair.

The second figure I have is another piece from Monster Fight Club...this time a cyberpunky-post apocalyptic clown that really does a great nod to Stephen King's IT. It is a lot of white, but the interspersing of red in model helped break up the 'white noise' that I get when I think of painting stormtroopers. Oh yeah, it also gave me an opportunity to try out some of the Turbodork colours that I won in June's painting contest at Red Dragon.
 
And the third figure is from Modiphius from their Fallout Wasteland Warfare range...in December I posted 2/3's of the Sanctuary Hills Survivors (the Survivor and Dogmeat). I have finally gotten around to finishing Codsworth. I know, I know...he's literally been on the table within paintbrush reach and I had not gotten to completing until just now. To be honest, I think Codsworth is one of my LEAST favourite characters from Fallout so maybe that had a lot to do with it...but I suffered well and finally got him finished.
 
I hope you enjoy the pics.


 


 

 
 
 
The balloons received the turbodork treatment...for the most part, these colour shift paints all need to have a black basecoat to go over and then apply multiple thin layers of the colour. To try things out, I decided to basecoat the top balloon in white and the other 3 in black. I then applied redrum (white basecoat), blue raspberry, electrum, and redrum (black basecoat)




 






Lead Mountain 2021
Painted:
 
Large scale           3
28mm                  20, +3

Bought                22, +1

Progress              +1

No comments: