Saturday 26 February 2022

MCP - Green Goblin

Hello folk,
 
I hope you are all staying safe and sound. I am continuing my posting momentum on the Marvel Crisis Protocol theme and I have to say, I really do enjoy these models. On one hand, there has been some amazing frustration with how finicky they be with assembly and certainly there have been some issues that have required some patching and layering of varnish to seal up.

On the other hand, the poses are dynamic and thanks to some great reference googling there are some really great examples to see...not to mention the box and comic book art that comes with the boxes and character cards. 

I have tried to keep true to the comic book feel and definitely leaned on the painting guide put together by Sorastro. I have to admit, there are some elements that took me a couple of tries to square away (the smoke plume, the Goblins rocket wing, and the pumpkins) but I am really happy with how things turned out...and really, I think a lot of it comes down to being willing to experiment and not approach this as having to copy stroke-by-stroke what someone else does.

Anywho, I hope you enjoy the pics.







2022 Lead Mountain Climb

Painted

15mm               8 
28mm+             17, +1
 
Bought              0

Progress          +25

2 comments:

Mike_A said...

Turned out great, do worth the effort I'd say.

Stan M. said...

Thanks Mike…I’m definitely loving these models!