Monday 10 October 2022

Movie Icon and Highly Notable Supporting Character

Howdy everyone,
 
I hope all is well in your respective areas of operation. Fall is certainly upon us and I hope Thanksgiving past and to come see you well. As I mentioned in my last post, September was certainly a month that flew by...and to be honest this October has certainly felt some of that momentum.
 
Nonetheless, the brush must continue to wave to and fro...wave? Sure...
 
For this post, I thought I'd share a couple of unique characters from Spectre Miniatures and Wargames Illustrated respectively. They are certainly movie character inspirations and I would easily say at least at the icon level and for our WI sculpt, at the very least a highly notable supporting character.
 
I give you 'the Hunter' from the Predator/Alien franchise by Spectre and Captain K from Jo-Jo Rabbit by Wargames Illustrated. Both figures were a lot of fun to paint up..and I have to admit I was slow to approach them because I wanted to make sure I got my painting spot on for these two. 
 
I've been a fan of 'the Hunter' for as long as I can remember...you know, back when he had his own start to the genre, lol. I do enjoy the mashup with Alien that we've seen in the past while. As for Capt K, I truly enjoyed JoJo Rabbit...a very clever movie with a great amount of satire with some pretty intense emotion. I'm a definite fan of Sam Rockwell and his performance...like many in the film...was simply outstanding. If you haven't seen it yet, for the love of god, get some popcorn and strap in, its a great film...highly recommended.
 
For the Hunter I played a considerable degree of liberty with paintscheme and armour colour. For Capt K, he was pretty straight forward and just a lot of fun to add the splashes of colour to his customized uniform that you don't normally get to with historicals, especially WW2.

I hope you enjoy the pics. Cheers.














Painted

15mm           30
28mm+         56, +2   

Bought          25

Progress      +61

No comments: