Wednesday 19 October 2022

Painting Update - More Empress Minis

Howdy folks,
 
I hope all is well on your respective sides of the people-space. I am finding myself currently trying to maintain some degree of momentum on my posts and get past my no-post September. It has been a hell of a go for the past month or so, not as much painting time, not as much posting, and trying to catch up on painting that I finished over the summer period.

With that minimal crisis afflicting me, I guess it ain't all that bad.

As the subject says, my latest post is all about more figures from Empress...more from their Modern/Ultra Modern line and their Chechnya line specifically. You may recall that I completed an order earlier this year (sometime around June and started working on them in July) and was able to compete them in August just before heading out on holiday. I had purchased a pack of Chechen's and Russians to paint up in a post-apoc or Zona Alfa type setting, as well as a single or 2...in reality they should work in a variety of settings. But that's my main excuse for buying them.

Overall, great looking figures, they took the paint well and were alot of fun to paintup. I ended up adapting paint schemes and camo patterns from what I saw online...and really the challenge was trying to make the 2 packs 'work' together as a collective force that you could field in a scenario.

I hope you enjoy the pics. Cheers.
 
First, a couple of inspirational pics that helped guide me...the first one I've used before (from Rare Historic Photos on Instagram...I think) when I painted up my first pack from Empress. I really like the weathered winter camo, and just adapted it.
 
And then after watching the latest season of Stranger Things, I thought I’d paint up one of the figures in the same awesome 80’s pattern of a jacket that Hopper was wearing.
 
I found this last pic after a google search for this fellow...seeing him as the inspiration for the Empress figure, I wanted to get a sense of who this fighter was and to do the figure(s) justice.

So with my research complete, I put paint to brush and brush to figures...group picture first of course.

Pack of Chechen fighters suitable for a variety of settings. I figure they will mix nicely with my previous work…they'll be great as bandits, Zona Alfa crew hitting the zone, or any modern insurgent setting.

I thought these figures would be equally fitting and mix well…I’ve been curious to trying out Empress’s Danger Close rules.

Painted

15mm           30
28mm+         66, +10  

Bought          25

Progress      +71

No comments: