Sunday 20 November 2022

Painting Update - More Fallout

Hello folks,

Hope all is well on your side. Keeping with the theme of some of my recent posts, I thought I’d post up the latest bit of my Fallout progress. Again my buddy Duncan came through and gave me a Corvega that he had printed up a while back, the resin printer did a great job and after a lot of thought, I came up with a plan for how to approach it - plenty of derelict cars in the Fallout verse so I went really heavy on the rust work on this one.

Along with the ‘Vega, I also finished up the box of Wasteland vermin that I picked up a little while ago, some rad roaches and mole rats. These guys painted up really quickly and were a lot of fun to paint. I tried to go with a mix of colour patterns for the roaches and jazzed up one of the mole rats with some white and fluorescent green highlights.

And I finally got around to painting up the Mysterious Stranger figure that I bought over 2 years ago, not an overly complicated figure to paint up, but was a lot of fun nonetheless. The 1950’s gumshoe or gray stranger look was really great to paint up…and didn’t take that long to finish up. The base for the figure has a really cool circular arc around the Stranger, so you could either treat it as the classic beam of light from a street lamp above or as a pattern in the concrete. I didn’t want to get too caught up in OSL so I elected to go with a lighter shade inside the arc and darker outside…I like how it turned out, pretty happy overall.

Enjoy the pics.  

Group shot of everything…

The mole rats…

A herd of rad roaches, various colours, really love the fluorescents…

The Mysterious Stranger

Painted

15mm           30
28mm+         86, +11 (Fallout stuff) 

Bought          34

Progress      +82 

2 comments:

Paul O'G said...

Looking great, but I really LOVE the Mysterious Stranger!

Stan M. said...

Thanks Paul! They all painted up really nicely and we’re a lot of fun. But yeah, the stranger has that extra dose of nostalgia that just makes it stand out.