Friday 30 December 2022

Afropia...Wasn't That a Thing?

Hey Folks,

So yeah...Afropia...looking for some posting love...kinda feeling like this right now:


So yeah, I was getting pretty pumped and excited with this fictional region, and while it certainly hasn't died, I have to be honest and admit it has at best stalled. I have a lot of great ideas swirling in the brainpan and for Petoriastan I actually have about 100+ years of history loosely mapped out but with enough flex to be able to do some free-gaming throughout their history. But I haven’t gotten past that brainstorm setting.

Being honest, I think it is as a fairly small snag that just sapped my momentum and kept me from moving forward. It sounds super silly, but collided hard with the OCD...and I think it comes down to not having the ability to create a digital map to suit my vision. I have a map of the region in mind, and from that I started a narrative description of Petoriastan, and from there I wanted to translate that into a functional map.

So really, the next step that I need to commit to is getting a map out...whether it is a hand-draulically created one or I find an app (this hasn't worked yet, sigh/lol) or I jury-rig powerpoint or something like that. And maybe most importantly, K-I-S-S…keeping it simple.

All of this to say, I have some great ideas for Petoriastan, their rocky relationship with Aponwana and Alarus...so yes, Bueller is present, thank you for asking Ben Stein. Did I mention, I have a flag?!?

Have a great new year folks...stay safe, and all the best.
 

No comments: