Saturday 3 June 2023

North Star Yakuza

Howdy folks,

For those with short memories like mine, in lead up to CanGames this year I was going to run a Force on Force game. If you check out the test run post you’ll see that we were looking to run a cops n robbers type scenario.

I happened to stumble upon the Yakut pack from North Star Figures that they release as part of their A Fistfull of Kung-fu line. I’ve had these figs kicking around for some time and to be honest, I had forgotten about them for awhile. So this crew was an obvious choice to help fill out the criminal element for the scenario. So, I figure the least I can do is share some pics of these figs, and see where the year takes us with the scenario.

Have a good one.

The crew, boss man in the middle, sumo-muscle and young hoods to the right. On the left of the boss, 3 x hitmen…

The young hoods (I can’t remember what North Star called them, lol). I tried my hand at drawing out a organized crime/Yakuz-y type tattoo for the hood in the yellow jersey. 




The boss and his sumo…This is literally the only picture of the two of them that didn’t suck hard…I tried hand painting a stylized dragon the scabbard of his sword, looks nice and colorful at least.

The hitters…I really ended up enjoying these figs, they came up pretty quick and were much more fun than I expected

 
Painted 

15mm            47
28mm+          23, +7

Bought         120

Progress      -50

2 comments:

Mike_A said...

Fist full of kung fu, we have been wanting ti play that game again for years. Add another game to the queue!

Stan M. said...

Lmao, no kidding, right?!?