Tuesday 27 June 2023

Painting Update - Last batch of Empress Miniatures

Howdy folk,

For any of you who have been checking in regularly, you may recall that I had bought a few packs of figures from Empress Miniatures, going on almost 2 years ago now. Well, I have finally finished the last of that group of 20+ figures…and I gotta say, it feels good. 

The figures overall were a lot of un to paint up, I think I really pushed myself on the paint schemes…they were my first real crack at multi-cam, and I had never tried CADPAT at this scale. I also didn’t have a guide to go by, so I did my best to colour match…I just hope that I wrote it down somewhere, sigh. I did have a few challenges with the figures, and these were mostly at the assembly stage. I’ll chalk it up dodgy fingers and my classic glue them together strategy.

Oh, I noticed afterwards that I had made an error on assembly. The team leader comes with a tomahawk that looks like it is fitted to go on the back of his ruck…I missed this cause I was focused on the idea of having it hang off the hip for close access. 

Anywho, I have a few places where these figures will fit in nicely…so, looking forward to getting them on the table.

Cheer…enjoy the pics.

Because I have some future plans of a Zona Alfa campaign using a mix of figures from the collection including these fine gents, I purposely went with a mix of clothing and camo patterns. Not only are SOF troops renowned for wearing what’s comfy, but it also fits a progressive campaign narrative.

From left to right, the SAW gunner has plain tan pants with Mulit-Cam top, the kneeling grenadier and the team lead are both sporting Multi, and anti-tank missile troop is wearing multi pants and desert CADPAT top (ala Canadians in Afghanistan, and CSOR in Iraq)… 




I really like the poses of these 2 figs…so a little more focus on them.


Painted 

15mm            47
28mm+          28, +4

Bought         121

Progress      -46




No comments: