Friday 30 June 2023

Wolverines, Grizzlies, or Cobras, oh my! Northern...I mean, Red Dawn

Either way…we got some 1980’s homegrown kill a commie-for-mommy insurgent militia goodness coming our way..

And thanks to their MOVERINES comrades, they can punch it all out around the battlefield in pick-up style! The figures were pretty cool…you have the Red Dawn iconic crew of Swayze and the gang…and the rest of the platoon is filled out with appropriate looking militia-ites. The teams are armed with a mix of Soviet and US military small arms and whatever shotguns Elmer Fudd or farmers moms have in their closet…along with some M72 looking anti-tank rockets and of course an RPG or two…and a 60mm mortar.

As far as game play goes, I have no idea but I hope to find out in the near future…of course I’ll have to finish up some more troops for the game. Anywho, they were fun to paint up and since I’ve been talking about the whole northern aspect of Red Dawn, the basing is a little more in keeping with what there would have been on the Canadian prairies…

Swayze and the gang front and centre. Brad Savage and Doug Toby are to the left of Swayze, C Thomas, Lea Thompson, and Jennifer Grey to the right, … 

I found a suitable figure to paint up as Powers Boothe’s character LCol. Tanner, eagle driver…

And in the theme of downed aircrew…I painted this fella up as a Captain in the Canadian Air Force, CC130 Hercules aircrew. The name tag on his right chest is shaped like a Herc silhouette, was the typical style for Herc crews.  

I painted up the “gold” and blue character with a cool looking high school jacket…

Some more views of the militia group…

Painted 

15mm            73, +26
28mm+          28

Bought         121

Progress      -20

No comments: