Wednesday 30 December 2020

The 7th Post Over Christmas...

For my seventh post over Christmas,
A little magical inspiration...
I have for you:
7 Harry Potter figures...

6 Marvel Characters (heroes and/or villains)...

FIVE MAIN CHARACTERS...<cough...from the Night’s Watch starter set>

2 figures from Studio Miniatures; and
1 from HassleFree.

Howdy all,

With New Years coming closer I hope the work days between the stat days is not too taxing for anyone. I myself am taking advantage of the best of both worlds right now, so I hope you are able to do the same.

Early this summer, we decided to try out a new pizza take-out place that is about 5 minutes down the road from the house. My wife went out to do the curb-side pickup thing and when she came back she told me she had a surprise...totally stumped and not expecting anything I couldn't even muster a single guess. When she passed me a plastic bag, the last thing I was expecting was a stack of miniatures from Knight Models and their Harry Potter range!!

At some point just prior to the start of isolation, a gaming store had started up practically in my backyard and I was none the wiser. Luckily, they adapted well at the beginning and actually have continued to thrive in isolation and with restrictions. While I do try to spread my gaming budget between the various shops in my area (FDB, Fandom, Kessel Run, Hobby House), I do have to admit, having the selection and proximity of Red Dragon is a really great thing!

So, amongst the figures my wife picked for me some Deatheaters, Voldemort, Hogwarts Professors, Doby, and the Order of the Phoenix. Now the detail on these figures is quite something to see...very crisp, very well defined. If I guess correctly, they are 3D printed which is great for the quality, unfortunately it does leave some points a little fragile, but with some patience and care, you should be good.

The first figures from this collection that I've been able to crack out is Doby, Creature, Fang (from a poorly packaged blister that I was compensated for), and the Hogwarts profs. These were fun distractions and painted up fairly quickly. If you're a fan of the movies I don't think you'll be disappointed with the figures...I can't speak to the game as I have no intention of playing it at this time, I was just an admirer of the figures and how they were painted up.

And now the pics...I hope you enjoy.

Left to right: Fang, Doby, Creature, McGonagall, Snape, Lockhart, and Umbridge

Doby and Creature came in their own pack...given their size I was pretty impressed with their expressiveness. I’m really happy with how they came out and how I was able to capture their definition...

I put a little extra work on their bas3s, trying to capture a back alley Diagon feel...

The Hogwarts profs...some great features and a lot of fun to paint...

Hike up Lead Mountain 2020
 
Painted:

28mm               88 (+7)
15mm               135

Bought:            40 (+16, Harry Potter figures)

Progress:          +183


No comments: